It is truly exasperating if you have a slow running computer. The things that you will be able to finish in a matter of minutes will seem like forever to get done. It is one of the common issues that computer users have been experiencing all the time. The good thing is that there are ways to speed up your computer.
You do not need a computer expert to fix your pc because you can do it yourself. You just need to know that the problem begins in the computer registry which is the central database and it is the core of how Windows run. All the settings and important files are stored in it. These settings include all the programs that are installed in your computer.
Read on and find out the simple steps that can speed up your computer:
1. Get rid of all malware and viruses in your computer. It can be done by using anti-virus program that will protect your pc from adware, spyware and viruses.
2. Delete useless programs – You may have downloaded programs that you do not use anymore. They only take up space on your computer. These useless programs can cause your pc to slow down. Once you remove them, you will definitely notice an increased speed in your computer.
3. Do not run all the programs simultaneously because your computer will have difficulty reading all of them and it will cause the slow performance of your pc.
4. You should defrag your disk regularly. Defragmentation helps consolidate fragmented files and folders on your computer’s hard disk to occupy a single space on your drive. You can do it once a month and it can help a lot in improving the speed of your computer.
5. Remove useless information: Your pc’s performance is also affected by the internet files because they also take up a lot of space and may congest your hard drive. If you have an extra hard drive, you can transfer some files to have more free space on your computer. It will also enable your operating system to work better.